Things to look at

Monday 3 October 2011

Meet Chompski

 Two weeks ago Uni started again for me, and we kicked it off pretty intensely with a Gamejam right off the bat, awesome! A gamejam usually takes a few days, and in that time you get dropped in a team and you try to make a game together. Considering we usually have way too little time in one semester to make even something remotely similar to a proper game, a deadline of a few days is fucking mental and awesome. We had to work with a theme, and our brilliant teachers decided that it should be "gnomes". A game involving gnomes, in any way. My group decided to make a pixel based sidescroller shooter in which you destroy everything in your path. We had awesome people in our team and I think we did really well. In just three days we had a working game, and I'm still very pleased. We even got pretty far in the rankings, I do believe we got second place so that's pretty damn sweet.

I was in charge of the main character, the gnome. I had never made pixel art before, so I opted for just drawing it pretty detailed and then scaling it down. Which worked well enough, I've also discovered that I find pixel art quite appealing. So I think this won't be the last pixel animations you'll see of me, haha.
He doesn't sweat much, for a fat lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment