Things to look at

Thursday 6 October 2011

30 day drawing challenge: Day 7

Challenge of the day; Draw your favourite word.
Really, a favourite word? Come on now, that's simply no fun at all! So being the stubborn girl that I am I instead chose to do one of my favourite quotes, which made me a whole lot happier.
It's a bit cheeky I know, but I hope it's not a problem. I've been wanting to do something with Typography for ages but I have no experience in it whatsoever, so this challenge seemed like a good place to start. I did some research first like a good girl, and when I had a solid idea I just winged it. I like the end result well enough, and I'd like to do more with Typography. It's kinda neat to find a good composition with letters, it's fun to play with. I kept it very safe for my first time though, I went with a very common fond so I could keep it clear to myself and I didn't play with the shapes too much. I've seen some awesome inspirational pieces all over the web that I'd love to try sometimes though.

As for the quote, I have no idea who wrote it but I stumbled across it one time and I just couldn't forget about it. I think it's absolutely beautiful and something everyone should at least experience once in their lives.
Feel free to click on the image for a bigger version

No comments:

Post a Comment